Friday 10 February 2017

We try things



Anyone who has spent time roaming (as opposed to camping) will know how frustrating safe spots and mission complexes are. You can see the juicy target, but you can't reach it.

So I've started carrying around an expanded probe launcher. Along with my mobile depot, this means that I can refit for combat scanning when the need arises.

Truth be told, I've not had great success so far. It is, after all, a long process. I need to wait 60 seconds for the mobile depot to deploy. I then need to rip everything off my Astero, and fill it with co-processors, scanning modules, and of course the expanded probe launcher. 

I then have to load combat probes, and scan down the mission runner as fast as I can.Then I need to recall my probes, and refit for combat again. Only after all that can I actually try warping in on the mission runner, and because I've wanted to do all this off D-scan, that's a long warp.

Sometimes, the mission runner finishes their mission and leaves, oblivious to my efforts. Sometimes, they see the combat probes, and dock up. But, every now and then, I find someone afk in a safe spot, and I make them regret their insouciance. 

As a great man once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

No comments:

Post a Comment