Friday 24 February 2017

Nóatún


In Norse mythology, Nóatún (Old Norse "ship-enclosure") is the abode of the god Njörðr, described in the Prose Edda book Gylfaginning as located "in heaven".

So, I have a citadel.

It didn't actually go down the way I expected it to. What I expected was to finish training into Blockade Runners, to buy an Astrahus, nervously haul it to Vanaheim early some weekday morning, and then nervously anchor it at what I hoped would be a quiet time with no dangerous connections.

What actually happened was that I got an Evemail from my w-space neighbor offering me his Astrahus. It turns out, he's not been logging in much recently, and an abandoned Astrahus is an Astrahus waiting to get blown up. So as long as I give him docking rights - not a problem, obviously - he was happy to transfer ownership.

So, I have a citadel.

Because I've been busy, I'd been putting off looking at the details of fitting and fighting an Astrahus, but now I need to get on that ASAP.

Still, it's the good kind of problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment