Friday 25 November 2016

Null sec v Low sec


My last post ended with a throw-away comment about there not being as many solo fights in null sec as I would like. Despite being an off-hand remark, it lingered in the back of my mind, and I decided to look at that more closely.

I pulled up the Tusker killboards, and looked, in broad terms, at our activity as a corp. What jumped out at me was that the overwhelming majority of our solo kills came from our members still in low sec. And the overwhelming majority of our 'shiny' kills were gang actions in null sec.

It's not just me, then. Two completely different metas.

This probably means that I should not bother trying to fit and fly solo ships for null sec, and focus instead on having fleet ready ships. I would then need to look to w-space or low sec for solo hunting.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment