Friday 18 November 2016

Eve is a journey


There are so many skills in Eve, and each one is a potential adventure, unlocking new ships and abilities, or taking old abilities to a whole new level.

It's easy to get wrapped up in those potential adventures. To be constantly looking to the horizon at all the things you want to do, but can't (yet). I know I'm guilty of that.

The danger is that you forget what you can do; you focus on the destination of tomorrow, rather than the journey of today. Or as Bruce Lee said; "It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

The picture at the top of this post is one that I have used many times over the years. For me, it sums up what it is I love about this game: the beautiful, vast emptiness in which we all plot our own course, and see where it leads us.

While I suspect that everyone reading this blog is probably an Eve subscriber, if by chance you are not, take advantage of the new alpha clones and log in. Focus on what you can do. Plot your own course across the beautiful, vast emptiness of New Eden.

And see where it leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment