Wednesday 22 June 2011

Vengeance v Rupture




The hunt:

I can be a little slow. Having just been blown up by a Rupture, you might think that I would avoid Ruptures for a little while - at least until my skills improved. Apparently not.

I was cruising around the Molden Heath loop, looking for trouble. I found it in the form of a Rupture, who was either ratting or pretending to rat. I warped to zero to find out which it was.

It seems he was looking for a fight too, and he liked his chances. He moved into me before I had even landed, and pointed me immediately. He launched his drones and opened fire.

Turning my repair system on, I moved into a 500m orbit. I overheated my rockets and turned my attention to his drones, determined to be less clumsy than last time.

As I worked through his drones I kept an eye on my capacitor; seeing that it was largely stable I gathered that he did not have a neut. I also seemed to have gotten under his guns, despite the web. The only thing he could hit me with were the drones.

And they were now all dead.

After the initial rush of combat, things settled into a grim routine. Unable to hit me, I simply wore away at the Rupture's tank until he eventually exploded. I can only imagine the frustration the other pilot must have felt, lashing out at his enemy but unable to land a solid hit.

2011.06.05 15:53:00

Victim: Koskica
Corp: Ordo Drakonis
Alliance: Nulli Tertius
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Osvetur
Security: 0.2
Damage Taken: 5107

Involved parties:

Name: Taurean Eltanin (laid the final blow)
Security: -7.5
Corp: The Tuskers
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Vengeance
Weapon: Foxfire Rage Rocket
Damage Done: 5107

Destroyed items:

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Barrage M, Qty: 340
Damage Control II
Small 'Knave' I Energy Drain
Stasis Webifier II
10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Qty: 3
Medium Projectile Ambit Extension I
Barrage M, Qty: 4200 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 3000 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Barrage M, Qty: 340
Gyrostabilizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer I
Warp Disruptor II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Warrior II (Drone Bay)

The pilot ejected right before the Rupture exploded. With my point still mid cycle on the Rupture, I was not even able to try and stop him. A useful trick.


Afterthoughts:

Combat is often a one sided affair. There is no trick and counter trick, the numbers simply add up in favour of one person and they win. Despite having been blown up by similar ships, I don't think I was in any real danger during this fight.

Indeed, after destroying his drones, it was rather like fighting a well tanked hauler. Granted, I could have done something stupid, like let my transversal drop, but the fight was mine to lose. So much comes down to how each ship is fit.

Interestingly, I see from the killmail that the Rupture had an mwd. However, he he made no attempt to kite me. I'm not sure how fast this particular fit is, but I suspect that it would have been worth it for him to try, if only to keep my transversal down until his cap ran out.

I also see that he did have a neut. Either he forgot to turn it on or a single small neut just does not make much difference to a cap rigged Vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment