Wednesday 27 April 2011

Punisher 18.4


 
The hunt:

It never rains, but it pours.

Another day, another roam. I jump into the Milal loop and again I see a ship floating in an obvious safe spot on my D-scan. What works once often works twice, so I nipped back to Amarr to fetch my trusty Magnate.

Scanning him down, I jumped in right on top of him.

011.04.16 08:40:00

Victim: Xandralkus
Corp: Morior Invictus.
Alliance: Velocitas Eradico
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Tormentor
System: Milal
Security: 0.3
Damage Taken: 562

Involved parties:

Name: Taurean Eltanin (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.7
Corp: Strategic Conflicts Incorporated
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: Gatling Pulse Laser II
Damage Done: 562

Destroyed items:

Reactor Control Unit I
Warp Core Stabilizer I, Qty: 2

Dropped items:

1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Salvager I
Core Probe Launcher I
 
 
Post battle review:
 
The irony here is that he had two warp stabs fitted, so if he had not been afk, he could simply have warped away. I appreciate that there are no stations in the Milal loop, but if you have to step away from the computer, do you really need leave your 'toon in that particular system, when safety is only one jump away?

Not much more to add, as there was no fight to speak of.


Lessons for the future:

These last two "fights" have taught me that I enjoy scanning down players that think they are safe, but blowing up afk shuttles and noob ships is hardly the combat that I am looking for. Over then next several days I had  several opportunities to pad my kill board with such prey, but I have passed them up.

I was in search of bigger game...

2 comments:

  1. Youre getting good at scanning though, so good job on that front!

    I feel where youre coming from on finding kills though. Its not often to have an even match for a heart pumping fight. Perhaps we can get together for a match? What system are you based out of now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to tangle with other pvpers, so look me up next time you are near Amarr. Sunday evening and most of the day on Monday are the next best times to catch me. It's a long weekend here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete