Friday 22 April 2011

Punisher 18.2



The hunt:

This was another roam through Tash-Murkon space, and quite a short one. As soon as I jumped into low sec I saw another Punisher on the D-scan. A few moments later I had pinned him down to one of the nearby belts.

Warping in, I landed almost on top of him right as he was engaging a couple of low grade rats. I locked and pointed him and then proceeded to blow him out of the sky.

2011.04.10 16:18:00

Victim: alfri Sazas
Corp: Royal Amarr Institute
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Punisher
System: Teshkat
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 3134

Involved parties:

Name: Sansha's Cannibal / True Power
Damage Done: 1605

Name: Taurean Eltanin (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.3
Corp: Strategic Conflicts Incorporated
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: Punisher
Damage Done: 1529

Destroyed items:

Small Capacitor Booster I (Cargo)
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Medium Ld-Acid Capacitor Battery I (Cargo)
Medium Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I (Cargo)
1MN Afterburner I
Capacitor Power Relay I
Xray S (Cargo)
Shield Recharger I (Cargo)
ECM - Phase Inverter I (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Civilian Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Damage Control I
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
Radio S, Qty: 3
Medium Beam Laser I
Small Armor Repairer I
Dual Light Beam Laser I



Post battle review:

Punishers are not subtle ships, and so Punisher v Punisher fights tend to be rather mechanical affairs in which the victor is obvious from the outset. So it was in this case, and there is not too much I can usefully add.

I will say that while the killmail reflects a great deal of damage done by the npc's, when we started the fight he was near full health, and the damage he was taking from the rats was negligable. Presumably, this damage was accumulated over a number of fights at earlier belts.

In general, though, I feel that things are starting to flow more smoothly for me. I'm scanning things down more quickly, in part because I am better able to make educated guesses about where my quarry will be, given the ship they are flying. I also think I'm processing all the battle info faster, which is helping me to respond to changes more swiftly.

Of course, my last two fights have not been the most challenging fights ever, so perhaps I'm simply not under sufficient pressure.


Lessons for the future:

Practice, practice, practice. It does help.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations.

    Damage received on killmails persists until session changes (either lougout, station dock, or gate jump).

    So it is not always the best showcase of how the fight went.

    ReplyDelete